Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's a TRAP!

A while back I posted about how Chain Whirlwind is excellent tech in a format where people spam Mystical Space Typhoon like there's no tomorrow. Unfortunately as time progressed players have begun to realize the potency of Trap Stun to better protect their plays. Running into the occasional Jinzo also completely fazes Chain Whirlwind. Facing such situations I went back and looked at some builds I ran in the past for some ideas to counterattack this situation. It was then I rediscovered this beauty:


Back around the time just before Synchro Monsters were introduced to the TCG I experimented with a deck that focused on cards that punished my opponents when my cards were destroyed. In addition to Dark Coffin I ran cards such as Smoke Grenade of the Thief and Blast with Chain. Gearfried the Iron Knight and Kuraz the Light Monarch made the deck flow nice and smoothly. The ultimate reason I scrapped the deck was because I ran mono-Warriors and it was difficult to search for the appropriate monster in certain situations when Reinforcement of the Army was limited. Another problem was the limited amount of self S/T removal as many of the cards typically used for such purposes (MST and Heavy Storm) were limited at the time. After a few trial runs I took the deck apart and stored them away.

The game has gone through many changes since then. Now we have the newly reprinted Gold Sarcophagus  at our disposal, meaning that a set Dark Coffin that manages to survive destruction for two turns can serve as fodder for Kuraz without having to lose card advantage. DREV also introduced Double Cyclone which can set off Dark Coffin whenever you wish.


Still not convinced?

Well what if I told you that Dark Coffin cannot have it's effects negated by Jinzo, Royal Decree, Trap Stun, Thought Ruler Archfiend, Stardust Dragon, Prime Material Dragon, My Body as a Shield or any Counter Trap?

Not bad now eh?

Remember players, the game ends with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment