Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

No More Heroes


This new banlist has really put me at a loss, not only have I lost a copy of Dandylion and Debris Dragon in my Plant Deck, but an Honest and two copies of Book of Moon in my Hero Deck. And to make matters worse I lost my sole Card Trooper in an ante. *sigh* Anyway this was the build I was previously testing:

ABSOLUTE ZERO BARRIER (SEPTEMBER 2010)
MONSTERS (20)
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2 General Raiho of the Ice Barrier
3 Elemental Hero Neos Alius
1 Elemental Hero Stratos
2 Elemental Hero Prisma
1 Elemental Hero Wildheart
2 Elemental Hero Ocean
2 Honest
2 Elemental Hero Voltic
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1 Glow-Up Bulb
2 Effect Veiler

SPELLS  (15)
3 Book of Moon
3 Miracle Fusion
3 E – Emergency Call
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Cold Wave
1 Future Fusion
1 Monster Reborn

TRAPS (5)
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Call of the Haunted
2 Bottomless Trap Hole

I'm too broke to afford Solemn Warnings, hence the Bottomless Trap Holes, and I'm still tinkering with the Extra Deck, but this build showed a lot of potential against a variety of decks: Blackwings, Gladiator Beasts, Macro, Chaos, and Six Samurai (to an extent), at least from my testing.

Replacing an Honest and Cold Wave is simple enough as there are many alternatives with similar effects, Shrink and Giant Trunade being among them. However, Book of Moon is a bit more difficult since the alternatives won't always be as helpful as the original.
  • Enemy Controller won't stop Blackwings from getting a search off Black Whirlwind.
  • Compulsory Evacuation Device won't save you when your opponent chains Trap Stun or has Royal Decree active.
  • Forbidden Lance was originally praised for its ability to counter Book of Moon, but with the latter being restricted to one, it's bit more limited in it's use.
  • Effect Veiler will negate a monster's effect, but it's still useless during the Battle Phase and won't protect you from receiving damage.
I guess this is just one of those things that needs to be solved through trial and error. Guess I'll be proxying Pot of Dualities and Solemn Warnings in the meantime. ^_^

Remember players, the game ends with you.

P.S: Yes, I understand that General Raiho of the Ice Barrier is not legal in the TCG as of yet. So what? He's still a sexy beast. (No homo, lol.)

2 comments:

  1. The build seems a bit monster heavy imo

    Though his effect can be useful from time to time, I'm not too keen on Wildheart

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is by most standards, but I hate not having a Monster when it counts. Just because I'm running triple E-Calls doesn't always mean I'll draw into a monster. I was thinking of replacing an Honest and an E-Call with a pair of Pot of Dualities, which I will proxy.

    And that lone copy of Wildheart has saved my life more times than I can count; it's definitely staying.

    ReplyDelete