Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog Top Yu-Gi-Oh Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Even Wikia Can Be Wrong


Several months ago some friends of mine asked me if a player could Tribute their only monster out to summon another monster of a different attribute while the Gozen Match was in play. Now since I wasn't too familiar with the rulings for the card I had to look them up on Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia. Since Rivalry of Warlords set the precedent for this kind of effect I checked its rulings first. This was what I saw:
If you have only 1 monster on the field face-up, you may Tribute it for a monster that is a different Type.[1]
The link at the end of the ruling went to Netrep, which is a database of old rulings. Thinking nothing suspicious of it, I passed on this ruling to my friends which they accepted.


It's things like this that make me wish that Konami stored all their rulings on their main site instead of a second party like Wikia. It would certain make issuing ruling reversals much easier.

Remember players, the game ends with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment